While exploring the practice of decision making I've come across companies that have expressed some decision process as part of their culture.
Here are 12:
- Square - SPADE (SPADE Toolkit)
- Coinbase - Parameters / Deliberate / Decide, Brian Armstrong on Invest with the Best
- Stripe - SCQA, via Zack Tratar and Jeff Weinstein (Writing == Decisions, redacted example)
- Amazon - 6 Page Narrative (again)
- Fictiv - DACI
- Coda - Framing
- Matter - Decision Disagreement Framework
- Intercom - RICE
- Shopify - TOMASP
- Netflix - Netflix Culture
- Gitlab - Making Decisions
- Buffer - Documenting Decisions in a Remote Team
I don't believe it to be a coincidence that those companies emphasize (or at least signal...) a decision making practice.
Instead, I think they are examples of how at some echelon of knowledge work, this focus on the practice of decision making deeply informs success.
Update 8/5/20 added Shopify; added "SPADE Toolkit" to Square
Update 8/12/20 added link to Coinbase "Brian Armstrong on Invest with the Best"
Update 8/21/20 added Gitlab, Netflix, Buffer. H/t Ben Johnston