Would you like career advice? - Roy Bahat
I found Roy's post, and in particular his questions, to be quite useful. Noting here for future reference if/when folks ask for advice.
Core question: to what degree do you “know where you want to go” in your career (at whatever timescale)?
- Do you know what you want to get out of the next chapter, professionally, in terms of its benefits to you?
- What are your “side constraints”?
- How much risk are you willing to take, and which kinds of risk?
- What homework have you done to generate ideas for what you might do next?
- Any particular waypoints to which you’re navigating over time?
Continued reading: How to take career risks when the safe options look so good